About the Daniel Fast
The Daniel Fast is a process of fasting based on the fasting experiences of the prophet Daniel along with standard Jewish fasting principles. Our King James Version says; “In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
In the Message Bible version, Daniel 10:2-3 says; “During those days, I, Daniel, went into mourning over Jerusalem for three weeks. I ate only plain and simple food, no seasoning or meat or wine. I neither bathed nor shaved until the three weeks were up. This version simplified it for anyone looking to understand better the message in the fasting.
This special fast is designed for members of MFM Ministries Providence Pavilion of Praise in RI to:
1. To give thanks to the Lord Almighty for His mercies endures foreever
2. To thank God for approving this branch in the month of February, 2010
3. To thank God for His promise to us in Exodus 33:14, "And He said, My Presence shall go with thee and I will give thee rest.
4. To thank God for His promise to us in Isaiah 41:10, "Fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee, yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
The Daniel Fast is the time that some foods are eaten and others are constrained. The fast is for 21 consecutive days when we eat vegetables and fruits only and the only beverage on the fast is water.
It is the time for spiritual cleansing of the body and the fast is a spiritual discipline where all believers who are true followers of Jesus Christ can draw nearer to God and focus more of their attention on Him and His ways. During this time, the flesh is subdued and put under the subjection of the name of Jesus Christ. It is time to hear the still small voice of the Almighty God for His Truth to prevail in your life and for His direction for your life through the power of the Holy Spirit
Fasting is divine and designed by God to draw us closer to Him. Many fast daily unknowingly. You may wonder and ask how can it be? Yes, Brethren, you fast daily. The minute you close your eyes to sleep, you have started fasting. It is the time for God to open your ears and give you instructions. Fasting is not a way to show your righteousness to God, or whether you are good or deserving. Only Jesus Christ does that for us. However, fasting does bring us into an experience where are hearts are more open to what the Lord wants to show us for our individual lives. Remember the secret things belong unto the Lord and only those revealed belong to us and our children so that we may obey all instructions (Deuteronomy 29:29)
This is the period when you will pay more attention to the foods you eat during the fast, taking your eyes away from the fleshy things of this world and be transformed. According to Romans 12:2 which says; “And be not conformed to this world: but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Every February 1st to 21st every year, we the members of MFM Providence Pavilion of Praise seek the face of the Lord by fasting and praying so as to be spiritually and physically empowered, to be disciplined, to live a healthy lifestyle, and are committed with due diligence to the 21 days asking, seeking and knocking until something happens regarding our requests.
SCRIPTURES TO READ IN PREPARATION FOR THE FAST
Daniel 1: 5-20 Isaiah 58 Psalm 69 Matthew 17:21 Numbers 6:1-4 Acts 13:1-4 Daniel 9:3 1 Corinthians 10:21 Psalm 35 Joel 2:12 1 Corinthians 7:5
We meet on the Prayer line daily 6am and 6pm. Please call 605-468-8020 Code 629850#
DURING THE 21 DAYS OF CONSECRATION
We will seek the face of God for
1. His Mercies
2. His Promises
3. His Assurance
4. His Wonder-working power
5. His Divine confirmation on that which He ordains for His People
7 POINTS OF PRAYER FOR THE 21 DAYS OF CONSECRATION
1. Pray that the power of the CROSS and of the HOLY SPIRIT be released to dethrone flesh in our lives, in the name of Jesus.
2. Pray that the Life of our Lord Jesus Christ be truly established in the body of Christ in the name of Jesus.
3. Pray that all forces of darkness hindering the move of God in all nations be rendered impotent, in the name of Jesus.
4. Pray that the Kingdom of our Lord JESUS CHRIST come into the heart of every person in this country, in the name of Jesus
5. Pray that there be a thirst and hunger for GOD in the hearts of all Christians of this nation, in the name of Jesus.
6. Pray that the power and the grip of the world upon the souls of men to break completely, in the name of Jesus.
7. Pray that there should be a release of the spirit of salvation upon areas that have not been reached by the gospel, in the name of Jesus.
All the latest news and events from our community.
1st Saturday of the Month: PMCH
3rd Friday of Month
4th Saturday of the Month:
7hours with God